Saturday, April 03, 2010

Frustration and Fears

My daughter is 2 and a half years old. She has recently developed a strong sense of fear.
There is a particular spot on her ceiling that she says she is scared of.
She says she sees ghosts and monsters in her room.
A shadow behind her curtain is a ghost; her comfy purple pillow is scary too.

Daddy and I do NOT know what to do anymore.

We have tried praying with her.
We have tried giving her a flashlight.
We have tried talking to her about her fears.

At first the flashlight worked; that was a couple weeks ago.
Tonight she has been fighting going to sleep (crying, screaming, even coming out of her room multiple times) for over an hour. D finally put her in our bed, which is unfortunately in the same room as her sleeping baby brother, but so far she has been quiet.

I am at the end of my rope and if she wakes up her baby brother I am really going to lose it. Please LORD, help us!

At this point I'm not even sure if she is truly scared or if she just doesn't want to go to bed.

2 comments:

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

Hang in there. Try to make as little of it as you can and know that given time it will pass. My sis in law let hers sleep at the end of the bed on the floor on a little mat/bed. Eventually the little one went back to her room. I take it she doesn't have the fears during the day? Just at bedtime?

Momma Em said...

The worst night was two nights ago and D ended up letting her fall asleep in our bed before transferring her back to her own. I was worried that she might wake up LittleMan but she stayed quiet and went to sleep without a problem.
Last night we left her light on until she fell asleep. It worked pretty well so we tried it again tonight and it seems to have worked.