Thursday, March 06, 2008

Love & Marriage

...go together like a horse and carriage. Yet another meme I'm 'stealing' from Noble Savage. Ya know, since it's Love Thursday and all.

1. Where / how did you meet?
We met fall 2001 (I think August or September) at the get-to-know-all-your-schoolmates outing our college took us on. I was a freshman, he actually went to a different college about 2 hours away but had gone to B.College the year before and tagged along to see his friends. He was talking to a mutual friend of ours and I said to myself, "Oooo, I want that!". So I went and got that.

2. How long have you known each other?
6 years and 7 months (approximately)

3. How long after you met did you start dating?
As mentioned above; he went to a different school but transferred back after the first semester and we started dating shortly after (about Feb'02)

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
This one is a bit more tricky because we actually started planning the wedding before we were officially engaged. But I'd say about 4 or 6 months, depending on what you'd call engaged.

5. How long was your engagement?
Again, tricky. Either 9 or 11 months. Take your pick.

6. How long have you been married?
Our 5 year anniversary is coming up May 26th.

7. What is your anniversary?
May 26th, 2003

8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
Ooo, I think around 300 people. Not sure, but about 95% of them were Dusty's family and friends.

9. What kind of cake did you serve?
Yummy cake. (yes, my memory is pitiful) We actually had a friend of a friend (or something like that) do the cake. It was beautiful and delicious and not nearly as expensive. It was white cake with white frosting, three layers and had sugared fruit on top.

10. Where was your wedding?
Ste.Chappelle Winery It was a gorgeous outdoor wedding on a lawn underneath huge cottonwood trees.

11. What did you serve for the meal?
We did not serve a meal as the wedding was in the afternoon.

12. How many people were in your bridal party?
Eight. Myself, D, my three sisters, his brother and two best friends

13. Are you still friends with them all?
Yup, can't really get away from my sisters *wink* or his brother (dang it!), and we still love his (now our) friends.

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
Nope

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
Uh, getting married. Duh.

16. Any funny moments?
Hooo boy. Yes. I kinda forgot my bouquet when I walked down the aisle. And the lawn hadn't been mowed recently, which made for a very lush carpet of ankle deep grass. While my dad and I walked up the aisle, the runner kept moving backward. One of the groomsmen even tried stopping it with his foot. Plus the aforementioned cottonwood trees were in bloom and I got a little cotton fuzz stuck on my nose during the ceremony. Thankfully that (major nose wriggling) and the missing bouquet helped me stave off the waterworks.

17. Any big disasters?
Not during the wedding but D sprained his ankle badly the day after.

18. Where did you go on honeymoon?
Jamaica. We don't recommend it. But we do recommend flying with a badly sprained ankle if you have to go through customs (Not really) because a nice gentleman sat D down and took me past all the monstrously long lines. I was done in less than a minute and didn't even have to talk.

19. How long were you gone?
Little less than a week.

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
I'd try to remember my bouquet. and I'd get someone to mow the grass.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep in?
standing at the foot, the right side.

22. What size is your bed?
King

23. Greatest strength as a couple?
We help each other grow.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
Health problems.

25. Who literally pays the bills?
The Big D. He's really good at it too.

26. What is your song?
Um...song?

27. What did you dance your first dance to?
Uh, we didn't have dancing at our wedding. Cuz we're prudes like that.

28. Describe your wedding dress
Ivory satin ballgown with dark cream bands inset with lace at the bust and hem.

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Fake ones. Pretty fake ones. Except for my bouquet. It was made of deep red roses. Yeah, the one I forgot.

30. Are your wedding bands engraved?
Mine isn't but D's is. It says FOREVER. Ya know, just in case he forgets how long he's stuck with me for. After all, my dad did tell him there was a "no return policy" on me.

No comments: